70-246 vce

Discussion in '70-246 Exam Files' started by Sacriestory, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sp

Spinner17 Member

Thank you for the info, I'm a bit of an SC noob but I have the following ideas:
    Mixed, question 1:
    As stated the patch is installed and not copied, according to Microsoft you should install everything though an MSI.
    If I understand correctly you cannot use a Configuration item without a baseline, please correct if I'm wrong.

A. If you call an Configuration item with only general settings a "General configuration item" than this fits the bill, you can use the general settings of the configuration item to detect the MSI, the baseline completes the set.
    B. Only scans for the existence of a fiie or folder and not the version as far as I can see, so this seems wrong, also no baseline is mentioned.
    C. Obviously wrong, has nothing to do with WSUS.
    D. With this you can search for assemblies in the Global Assembly cache, and you can also check the version of said file in the cache, the baseline isn't mentioned.

It seems to me it should be A or D
    Which one is correct? and why?

Question 4:
    I agree on this one, if I look at

Dear visitor, you need to Register or Login to view links on Certify Chat.

it looks like all the answers are correct except that it should state "Synthetic Transaction" in the first field

#41 Spinner17, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. Sp

Spinner17 Member

If i go by the pictures from Jeday1 you probably have q1 and q2 from the Relecloud test case reversed.

3. Sp

Spinner17 Member

my earlier post was deleted for some reason so I'll try this again:

Mixed questions
    Q1 - B (Anyway after defining a configuration item, we should rate baseline upon it)
    If i understand correctly the file system type can only check the existence of a file or folder and not the version of the file...so I don't see how this could be the answer.
    (the version isn't used in the filename File1.dll)
    A. Is talking about a "general configuration item", there is an MS document that is called "How to Create Windows Configuration Items for Compliance Settings in Configuration Manager" and it states that this is for mobile devices in SCCM 2012R2, so this seems wrong too.
    C. Is wrong because it has nothing to do with WSUS?!?

So that leaves:
    D. It states the patch is installed, an .MSI file will add the DLL to the GAC(General Assembly Cache) and you can check the version with the assembly type detection method, seems legit.

The Baseline isn't mentioned and the question doesn't ask "What should you create FIRST?" so that's alarming...

Makes sense?

• Do

Doyle Member

@Spinner17, did you test it? .Answer D points to Assembly but the global assembly is located under%systemroot%\Assembly, not in %Program files%.

When we create File system type configuration item we can check for file name, file folder and to set compliance rule file version, So, I still believe that answer B is correct.

P.S. And yes ... I somehow reversed Q1 and Q2 from Relecloud. I think that others are in place.

• Do

Doyle Member

I have some consideration about this question:
    Your company has a private cloud that is managed by using a System Center 2012 infrastructure.
    The network contains a Service Manager infrastructure.
    The company implements a service level agreement (SLA) for the private cloud.
    You need to recommend an escalation notification solution for when an SLA warning threshold is exceeded.
    What should you include in the recommendation?

The answer that all dumps point is "an incident event workflow"
    I have tried to implement this an found following link:

"Workflows can be only triggered in the following two events:
    · An object is Created (optionally with specific criteria)
    · An object is Updated (optionally from/to specific criteria)
    Unlike workflows, subscriptions add the ability to send periodical notifications as long as an object meets a specific criteria.
    For example: You can create a notification subscription to keep notifying the service desk about incidents that are breaching your SLA."

It seems that "subscription" is correct answer here. Any suggestions?

• Do

Doyle Member

Another question that bother me.

Your company has a main office and 10 branch offices.The network contains an Active Directory forest named contoso.com. Each office contains domain controllers.

You have a System Center 2012 R2 infrastructure that has Operations Manager and Service Manager installed. Each office has multiple VLANs. All switches are managed switches.
    Users in the branch offices occasionally call the help desk to report that they cannot access some of the network resources in the main office.
    You need to ensure that all of the ports on the switches can be monitored by using Operations Manager.
    What is the best configuration to achieve the goal? More than one answer choice may achieve the goal. Select the BEST answer.
    A. A recursive discovery for the network devices by using ICMP
    B. An explicit discovery for the network devices by using ICMP
    C. A recursive discovery for the network devices by using SNMP
    D. An explicit discovery for the network devices by using SNMP

Answer that is given: D - why explicit discovery is preferred instead recursive ???

#46 Doyle, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  • Sp

Spinner17 Member

I stand corrected, just tested it and while the filesystem type only has the file/folder exists or not, you can as you stated add an extra rule that checks the version of the file.

So mixed questions Q1 is definitely B as stated before by Doyle.

• Sp

Spinner17 Member

Answer that is given: D - why explicit discovery is preferred instead recursive ???
    IMHO:
    Because you only want to know the state of the switches?, otherwise you would have to filter out the rest somehow.
    Recursive would take a longer time to complete and would have no extra benefit.
    (Aside from the real world problem fix where some extra info would be nice, but that isn't asked)

• Do

Doyle Member

More updates - I think that I found out answers of two of mixed questions

Question about monitoring of DB from different subnet using moiotor

Answers are following
    Synthetic transaction (for sure it is not Distributed Application profile, but other options are not provided)
    Run As Account (for SQL credentials)
    Run As Profile (Provided by management pack. You can not create it!)
    Run As Account (for SQL credentials)

Question about on demand Backup to Azure with most resent files
    Answer A (Incremental backup), D (Express backup)

... and maybe my suggestion for Q5 from Relecloud was wrong
    You need to ensure that users can self-provision. Virtual machines.
    I missed second part of question. To which object should you assign permissions

Maybe here B is the answer because "Catalog item groups in System Center 2012 – Service Manager are lists of catalog items that are used to secure the service catalog and provide access to users, based on membership in a corresponding Service Manager user role"

• Sp

Spinner17 Member

Question about on demand Backup to Azure with most resent files
    Answer A (Incremental backup), D (Express backup)
    Are you sure about that?, I don't see those options in DPM 2012r2.

If I right click a protection group with files and I choose "Create a recoverypoint" I can then choose:
    C. After synchronizing (backup changes since last backup)
    B. Without synchronizing (will not copy any data)
    E. Only Synchronize (Backup changes since last backup without recoverypoint)

Because we are talking files and not databases there is no express backup option.

So C and E?

#50 Spinner17, Jan 4, 2016
  • Sp

Spinner17 Member

B.T.W, I really like this question from NWT:
    You virtualize all of the SharePoint servers and add them to the Corporate private cloud.
    You need to prepare the infrastructure for the planned monitoring of the SharePoint servers.
    Which two actions should you perform after NWT-SCOM01 is deployed and NWT-VMM01 is upgraded?
    Each correct answer presents part of the solution.

A. Import the System Center Management Pack for SharePoint Server 2013 to NWT-SCOM01.
    B. Create a new distributed application on NWT-SCOM01.
    C. Install the Microsoft Monitoring Agent on the SharePoint virtual servers.
    D. Import the System Center Management Pack for SharePoint Server 2013 to NWT-VMM01.
    E. Install the Microsoft Monitoring Agent on the visualization hosts.

The default answer everyone uses is A,B and C, which I have a problem with because they ask for 2 actions and not 3....

#51 Spinner17, Jan 4, 2016
  • Do

Doyle Member

Are you sure about that?, I don't see those options in DPM 2012r2.

If I right click a protection group with files and I choose "Create a recoverypoint" I can then choose:
    C. After synchronizing (backup changes since last backup)
    B. Without synchronizing (will not copy any data)
    E. Only Synchronize (Backup changes since last backup without recoverypoint)

Because we are talking files and not databases there is no express backup option.

So C and E?
    I agree. "Create recovery point for online protection" does not care for synchronization - it just takes last replica from DPM server and creates an recovery point to Azure. So, we need first to refresh this replica. Thanks Spinner17.

• Do

Doyle Member

B.T.W, I really like this question from NWT:
    You virtualize all of the SharePoint servers and add them to the Corporate private cloud.
    You need to prepare the infrastructure for the planned monitoring of the SharePoint servers.
    Which two actions should you perform after NWT-SCOM01 is deployed and NWT-VMM01 is upgraded?
    Each correct answer presents part of the solution.

A. Import the System Center Management Pack for SharePoint Server 2013 to NWT-SCOM01.
    B. Create a new distributed application on NWT-SCOM01.
    C. Install the Microsoft Monitoring Agent on the SharePoint virtual servers.
    D. Import the System Center Management Pack for SharePoint Server 2013 to NWT-VMM01.
    E. Install the Microsoft Monitoring Agent on the visualization hosts.

The default answer everyone uses is A,B and C, which I have a problem with because they ask for 2 actions and not 3....
    Strange because in latest dumps in question 3 actions are needed. If they are just two, then A and C is a must as we have new installation of SCOM. It seems that we should work w/o distributed application.

• Do

Doyle Member

Guys, could somebody confirm the direction of communication between ASC Forwarder and ACS Collector. There are answers in some dumps that we should open firewall port 51909 from collector to forwarder which seems wrong.

• Su

Superman Member

According to this page from MS, it's definitely ACS Forwarder to ACS Collector

• ao

aoades Member

Hi All , really useful updates on the questions (this exam is such an arse!) the reference book doesn't prepare you anywhere near close to being ready for the exam.

Has anybody used passleader before? Considering trying that dump out (About £50 but not sure whether to bother)

The relecloud update was really helpful (creds to Jeday)

• Do

Doyle Member

Hi All , really useful updates on the questions (this exam is such an arse!) the reference book doesn't prepare you anywhere near close to being ready for the exam.

Has anybody used passleader before? Considering trying that dump out (About £50 but not sure whether to bother)

The relecloud update was really helpful (creds to Jeday)

I have it 189Q + my_update 15Q (which you could find for free) but it does not help much, because most of new questions are with wrong or missing answers. Relecloud as a case is mentioned without any details. Thanks to Jedy again for disclosure of this case.

• trouble4k

trouble4k Administrator
    Staff Member

I have it 189Q + my_update 15Q (which you could find for free) but it does not help much, because most of new questions are with wrong or missing answers. Relecloud as a case is mentioned without any details. Thanks to Jedy again for disclosure of this case.
    Hello Doyle,

Share it with us so we can post all the questions and fix the file. Same way we did with other exams..

• ao

aoades Member

Hello Doyle,

Share it with us so we can post all the questions and fix the file. Same way we did with other exams..
    Hey try this link.

I bought the dump (oh well, just need to pass now) may as well share it.

• ao

aoades Member

Update on the mixed questions :

1:B
    2:Server 1: VMM
    Server 2:VMM
    Server 3:Config Manager
    Server 4:Config Manager
    Server 5:Config Manager
    3: A & C I believe, got to do some testing on this
    4:Server 1: Synthetic transaction
    Create a Run as Account
    Modify a run as profile (two created as default for synthetic transactions)
    Distribute a run as profile (ie. to the watcher node)

Thoughts are welcome on that question source:

5: OM1 and SQL 2 (standard SPF without usage would require VMM console )
    6:A
    7: B as you can assign an agents management server based upon an LDAP query

Any thoughts on my answers are welcome!

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.