Deploying Citrix XenDesctop 7.6 Solutions 1Y0-301

Discussion in 'App and Desktop Virtualization' started by Mouratov, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Br

Brahm Member

I think these options do not appear within the "director"

2. Joeke

Joeke Member

Don't look in the Director consle Brahm. You have to check roles and permissions within Studio.
    Sergio just showed it in his screenshot.

About the trusted domains question: I doesn't really suggest that option in the scenario.
    So don't change the option (not sure which option is selected in the exam).

3. Br

Brahm Member

In the PVS simulator where you have to create 3 devices. When saying that machines are not members of the AD, do you have to create machine accounts?

4. Joeke

Joeke Member

Thats a question I'm not sure about.
    I got stuck on this one as well... I just created 3 accounts and according to my score sheet it was the right guess.

5. ab

abefroeman Member

I have a comment on your corrected one....
    Which two pieces of information are required when using Citrix Studio to connect a Delivery Controller to a
    hosting infrastructure? (Choose two.)
    A. Hypervisor address
    B. Hypervisor credentials
    C. Hypervisor management VLAN
    D. Hypervisor high-availability server address

Your corrected one said A,B.....and I agree, the other ones don't make sense...

Joeke likes this.
  6. ab

abefroeman Member

I saw on one of the sims it says "Use the Network 0 network interface card."....it it necessary in the sim to add another NIC? Thanks you.

Dear visitor, you need to Register or Login to view links on Certify Chat.

Yes,
    you have to add second NIC on the VM on your lab, then you will be able to choice a NIC .

See below.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Yes,
    you have to add second NIC on the VM on your lab, then you will be able to choice a NIC .

See below.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Joeke

Joeke Member

I can't really remember anymore, but i believe the wizard already had the Network cards.
    So you only have to select the right NIC in the wizard.

abefroeman likes this.
  • ab

abefroeman Member

nice thanks!

• it

itcertdude Member

QUESTION 71
    Scenario: NFS is implemented as the storage repository type in a XenServer proof-of-concept. One requirement
    for the production environment shared storage solution is that it should provide high availability.
    Which two storage technologies should a Citrix Engineer consider for production use? (Choose two.)
    A. CIFS
    B. iSCSI
    C. Local SSD
    D. Fibre Channel
    Answer: A,C

I think correct is B,D, because we need HA

abefroeman and Joeke like this.
  • Joeke

Joeke Member

Just looked it up, but I agree with you on that.
    Weird that I completely overlooked that one...

• ab

abefroeman Member

Almost ready for 301....I agree no need to change the base URL, it doesn't ask you to...

Nope.. That's what I thought too! Those 2 sims I went throught pretty fast... So a bit weird...
    And yep! Very happy indeed. :)

Sims are the same as in the PDF. But the PDF with the sims explained (also in this topic) are not correct!
    In that PDF it states that with the storefront sim you have to change the base URL... do not change that! Leave it the way it is.

Questions are exactly the same as in the PDF... Just beware of the wrong answers in the PDF.. ;)

• he

hendrikronald Member

Anyone can explain the mcs sims?
    Do i have to check the personal vdisk on one of them and pooled or not pooled?
    And do i have to create a delivery group for only applications or applications and desktops?
    And what do i need to configure there? Any applications that i need to check?

For the pvs sims i have to choose cache on device? By keeping changes? And do i need to create ad account on one of the pvs questions? On one it is asked, on thf other it is not.

Please help. I have a lab but i dont understand the questions very well.

#92 hendrikronald, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  • he

hendrikronald Member

On the pvs sim which cache option do you need to select so changes are kept after reboot?

I think

• Cache on server persistent - This cache option allows for the saving of changes between reboots. Using this option, after rebooting, a target device is able to retrieve changes made from previous sessions that differ from the read only vDisk image.

• Joeke

Joeke Member

On the pvs sim which cache option do you need to select so changes are kept after reboot?

I think

• Cache on server persistent - This cache option allows for the saving of changes between reboots. Using this option, after rebooting, a target device is able to retrieve changes made from previous sessions that differ from the read only vDisk image.

.. Yea a lot of people are asking about the caching type. Strange thing is that no one knows for sure.
    But your argument of cache on server persistent is pretty accurate, so i would go with that on your exam.

• Joeke

Joeke Member

Anyone can explain the mcs sims?
    Do i have to check the personal vdisk on one of them and pooled or not pooled?
    And do i have to create a delivery group for only applications or applications and desktops?
    And what do i need to configure there? Any applications that i need to check?

For the pvs sims i have to choose cache on device? By keeping changes? And do i need to create ad account on one of the pvs questions? On one it is asked, on thf other it is not.

Please help. I have a lab but i dont understand the questions very well.

... Just follow the outlines of the sim. In the question it states whether you have to check personal vdisks or not.
    The MCS sims themselves is just to go with the wizard and select those things the question states.

In the PVS sims i chose to create 3 AD accounts for the machines. The other you don't have to, because it isn't asked...

Again: Just follow the outlines in the question and do NOT do anything more then that.

• he

hendrikronald Member

Oke thanks but i dont understand what i need to configure for the delivery groups on both mcs sims. applications or applications and desktops?
    And on one of them it says personal vdisk is already configured by registry. What do i need to do there?

• Joeke

Joeke Member

Ok... Just to be sure i've read the exam file again.

In the first sim of MCS it states that all the prerequisites are already installed like the VDA agent and registry setting.
    That information doesn't tell you to do something.
    You just have to start the MCS wizard, create a machine catalog with the name XS_PVDISK1 and let the wizard create 10 machines with the settings that are stated in the question.
    It isn't that hard... Just follow the steps in the question and startup the MCS wizard (and try it in your lab!)

• he

hendrikronald Member

I got that, but how i do i have to create the delivery group?
    I tried it in a lab and i got two opttions. (applications or applicaions and desktops)
    The sim says Create the appropriate Delivery Group named CCH_Training_Desktops, and configure it
    according to the requirements above

I dont't get it. They use hosted applications but what kind of delivery group do i have to create?
    Only applications or what..

Scenario: A Citrix Engineer must provide students in the Cardiology program at CCH with
    Windows 8 virtual desktops. These students will use hosted applications through Receiver.
    Personalization of the Windows 8 virtual desktops is NOT required.
    Tasks:
    1. Create the appropriate machine catalog and name it XD_POOLED 1.
    2. Create 10 virtual desktops for students in the Cardiology program.
    3. Ensure each virtual desktop is assigned 2 Virtual CPUs.
    4. Set the memory size for the virtual desktops to 8 GB.
    5. Use the Network 0 network interface card.
    6. Create Active Directory computer accounts for the virtual desktops in the CCH Virtual Desktops
    organizational unit (OU).
    7. Use the following account naming scheme for the virtual desktops: TrainingDesk001 –
    TrainingDesk010.
    8. Create the virtual desktops from the WDK_8_1 master image.
    9. Create the appropriate Delivery Group named CCH_Training_Desktops, and configure it
    according to the requirements above. Students in the Cardiology program are members of the Training Desktops user group.

• Joeke

Joeke Member

Pff... I can't remember what i did in the exam...
    I would go with applications and desktops, because you need to create 10 pooled desktops to host the applications.

After that create a delivery group with the name "CCH_Training_Desktops" and connect the "Training Desktop user" group to it.

At the moment I can't look it up myself, because i'm in the middle of a complete rebuild of my lab.

• he

hendrikronald Member

Is it correct i have to use TrainingDesk### as the naming convention?
    ### = TraingingDesk001, 002, etc.?
    Because when i put in ### it says 012 in the wizard.